Admission And Transfers
Acceptance of students at Egypt Modern School is based on the available space. Like all schools, we require information that helps us to agree on whether there is a good fit between our program and the applicant’s educational needs. The administration will determine grade level placement based on achievement on admissions tests, previous school records, and the mental age of the student.
Transferees from local schools are accepted on a space available basis and the year of transfer. No students enrolled in grades 10, 11 or 12 can be accepted after October according to the AdvancEd protocol. Students transferring from abroad will be considered for admission throughout the school year.
Families seeking admission for their children should make an appointment with the school.
All applicants to EMS must submit the following:
- Completed Application for Admission (front and back), signed by parent or guardian and with eight photographs of the applicant attached.
- Health Office Student Medical Examination Form, to be completed and signed by a physician
- Complete, official school records for the past two years (three years for students applying to G12).
- A completed and signed release form authorizing EMS to request school records from previous schools.
- Original Birth Certificate.
- Copy of father and mother’s National ID.
- An IQ Test is required for students who have mental disabilities.